Silk Azur is a hand-woven rug in Viscose with a hand painted pattern. Viscose gives the rug a shiny, glamorous appearance. The rug is available in several sizes.?
Size: As these rugs are hand made, there will be some small variation in actual sizes (+/- 5%).
Weave/Pile height: 1cm
Certificate: Care & Fair.
Classic Collections rugs are certified with Care & Fair, which is an organisation that support the workers to get education, good working conditions and reasonable wages. It also means that we donate money to the families in the rug weaving districts. The money goes to the children and allows regular schooling, as well as medical care.?
- Regular vacuum cleaning in the direction of the pile (flat nozzle).
- Viscose Rugs are extremely sensitive to moisture. If a Viscose rug comes in contact with water discoloration will occur.
- Classic Collection recommends professional cleaning only.
- Avoid dragging furniture back and forth on the rug. Rotate the rug once in a while.
- Do not expose the rug to direct sunlight as the colors may bleach.
There might be marks across the rug when unpacking it. These lines are completely normal and are only print marks caused by the rolling during transport. They are not permanent and will gradually disappear after normal use and regular vacuuming. Shedding is a normal behavior on this type of rug and it usually settles down over time. Shedding can also occur if the carpet is exposed to heavy use, movement of furniture, vacuum cleaner with nozzle or other stressful handling.
Our products are made by hand and therefore completely unique. This means that differences in pattern, color and size may occur. These differences create a living and unique product. Take good care of your new rug and it will decorate your home for a long time. Each Classic Collection rug creates work and contributes to the survival of old craft traditions.